Sunday, January 17, 2010

Some extras...

It is really important on this diet to drink lots of water. Like a gallon. I figure 10 full glasses is good. So for the past two mornings, after I give myself an injection, I fill up a big red glass. Then I put a piece of tape on the glass and throughout the day I put a little marker on the tape to show how many glasses I have drank. So far, so good.

Also, I have started taking fiber pills. I take 6 capsules of psyllium fiber per day. That's enough to down one glass of water with! :)

My favorite thing with this diet is they way that I am getting back to eating healthy. Everything is organic and non-processed. I had to stock up on a few staples. For sweeteners, nothing "chemical" is allowed (which I think is awesome...I used to drink diet coke like it was going out of style, not lately, but still), so I needed to buy "Stevia" which is derived from the stevia plant which is native to South America. Dried stevia leaves are steeped in water, similar to making tea. This unlocks the best tasting part of the leaf which is then purified to provide a calorie-free sweet taste. One packet (the size of your normal sweet n' low or splenda packet) is equal to the sweetness of 2 tsp of sugar. I plan to use this with apple cider vinegar and water in order to make a nice salad dressing.

I eat 8 items per day (2 from each below):

Meat (100 grams each item, I had to buy a food scale for this)-
Chicken
low fat beef
fresh white fish
lobster
crab
shrimp

Fruit-
apple
orange
strawberries (1-1 1/2 cups)
grapefruit (yuck! never have liked it!)

Veggies-
radishes
celery
cabbage
tomatoes (hey-I thought this was a fruit?)
lettuce
cucumbers
chard
onions
fennel
beet greens
sinach
asparagus
chicory greens
"spring mix" salad

Starches (ooh, the choices are vast!)-
Melba toast
gluten-free bread stick (I bought these, they are expensive, but I was in a hurry and couldn't find Melba Toast)


Also- with this diet, you should stay away from all makeup that is not mineral based. Interesting. For me, that wasn't a change because I already use Bare Minerals makeup (I highly suggest it!), but I thought it was helpful info!

No comments:

Post a Comment