Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 8

I weighed 150.5, another loss of -.5!  YAY ME! ;)  I am in a hurry this morning because I have the kiddos swim meet in about a half hour and I still need to get three kids ready, give my injection and drink my tea and water! Gotta run! Busy day!

It is noon.  Oddly enough, this diet works completely opposite of when I was losing weight counting calories.  I was usually fine with that throughout the day, and then I would get super hungry at night.  With the HCG I hit my struggling point mid-day (um, like right now), and at night, I have no problem.  I am very hungry right now, and the kids just went out the door to go to Dairy Queen.  Could that be the reason why?  I have made my chicken salad but haven't eaten it yet.  What I have found as well, is that if I eat and wait about a half an hour, the temptation and hunger goes away.  I used to just give into the hunger and temptation.  This diet is really allowing me to take a closer look at my hunger, and figure out how to work with my body.  Amazing! :)

It is 1pm and I am just finishing my salad.  I feel much better.  I am also going to eat my portion of gluten-free breadsticks.  Then I am taking Mackenzie to the mall.  I am going to take 5 peices of Melba toast with me, as well as an apple, just in case I get super hungry.  Oh- and of course, my water bottle.

I just got back from the mall, it is 5:00 pm.  I only ate my 5 pieces of melba toast and my sports bottle of water.  I am pretty hungry though, so I am going to make some sirloin steak (think filet mignon).  We will see what recipe I come up with.  I think I will have cucumbers with it.

It is 9:00.  I thought I may need to eat a bit more before I go to bed, since I was low on calories.  I told you this diet worked so different on me!!!  I decided to have a strawberry slushy...I wonder if I will ever get tired of those things!  I really hope I can keep up this 1/2 pound a day weight loss!

0 cal "Mothers Organic Milk" tea and stevia
80 cal Medium Orange
116 3 oz chicken
12 cal fresh spinach (with my stevia dressing)
60 cal gluten-free breadsticks
60 cal 5 melba toast
100 cal 2.75 oz tenderloin (mustard and balsamic vinegar...YUM!)
24 cal 150 g cucumber
25 cal Strawberry Slushy (1/2 c strawberries, 1 c water, 1/2 c crushed ice, 2 packets stevia, blended)

Grand Total: 477 calories

I would rate today an 8.  It is so hard to rate the days at the end of the day, because I always end the day feeling great.  But I didn't work out today, and I did struggle with some temptations.  This was probably the worst day for temptations because I was out at the mall and such, oh- and I made pumpkin spice muffins!  But, all and all, as long as I stick with the diet, I will never rate the day below an 8, because that is what I call success! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment