Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 5

I weighed 152.5 this morning, which is a loss of -.5 I am not really sure how accurate that was though, because I worked out this morning before I weighed myself . During the workout I drank 2 full glasses of water and then when I came home I drank a full glass again. I peed very little before I weighed myself. But I am completely happy with losing a 1/2 pound! If I do that every day I will lose 3 1/2 pounds a week!!! That means I should be able to meet my goal of 135 by the end of my 40 days! YAY!  I burned 206 calories on the elliptical today.

10 am took my fiber pills with a big glass of water and had my breakfast ("Weightless Tea" with Stevia)

I am struggling a bit now, midday. It is noon, and I am just tempted by everything, even stuff that normally I wouldn't even want (like kids mac & cheese). Really, it is just the bread when I was making pb&j sandwiches.....yum, bread, my weakness, and I can't have it for 7 more LONG weeks. I keep reminding myself that this is just temporary. I can do ANYTHING for 40 days!!! And in 38 more days, I can start having dairy. Yum, cheese! And think of how great being skinny will feel! Much better that that pb&j would taste right now. So, alas, I will go make a shrimp salad and have my melba toast. um... yum? ;)

Well, it is 1pm and I feel MUCH better. I had my shrimp salad and it actually WAS yummy! I also had Melba Toast. I think the key is staying in FRONT of my hunger. When I feel hungry, I need to just grab something. Since I was up at 5:30 am, going until 12 noon before having a "real" meal was silly. I even forgot to grab my mid-morning fruit snack. I can't say I was "hungry" at noon, more like the temptations were bothering me, but once I eat, those temptations go away.

3:30 pm I made my apple cobbler! So yummy! I took a granny smith apple and sliced it. I arranged it in a bowl, put about 1/8 cup of water on it, sprinkled one packet of stevia and cinnamon and put it in the microwave! Oh my! so good!

It is 8 pm, and I won't be eating dinner for another 1/2 hour 'til my steak is done marinating.  It sounds so yummy, I hope it tastes as good as it sounds!  I had a huge sense of accomplishment tonight when I went shopping at Sam's Club.  I bought the three kids three pretzels.  Now, if you know me, you know that I haven't gone to Sam's Club once in the past 6 months without getting a pretzel, so they are a major weakness.  As I broke the pretzel apart for the baby, I made sure to wipe my hands clean, just so I wouldn't LICK the butter from my fingers.  And then when they were finished, there was still about a half a pretzel left.  I just walked down an aisle and popped it into the trash can.  Just like that.  No problem at all...didn't even temp me!  VIOLA! 

WARNING!  This paragraph is GROSS! Totally switching gears, and this is gross, so if you have a queasy stomach don't read this paragraph!  I just had the most amazing BM.  I know, that is disgusting to blog about, but it is extremely important.  The BM produced the most fattening poop I have ever seen!  It wasn't a tremendous amount, but it just floated there like a piece of fat!  I remember Elaine telling me that my body will be going through a detox, and she was right!  I have still continued to pee like crazy...but it is the greatest feeling when you pee a lot and it is crystal clear.  I have NEVER felt so healthy in my life, and I really haven't even lost that much weight yet.  I feel more energetic and more "free".   I find myself sitting a little taller, and walking a bit faster.  I know, sounds crazy, but I am dead serious!  I know this has to do with the TYPE of food I am putting in my body.  Truthfully, just having this feeling is enough to continue the diet.  The weight loss is just a huge bonus.

0 cal "Weightless Tea" with stevia
80 cal 3 oz shrimp
12 cal lettuce with dressing (apple cider vinegar, water, stevia)
60 cal melba toast
80 cal Apple Cobbler
(1 granny smith apple, a little water, stevia and cinnamon)
60 cal breadsticks
110 cal 3.5 oz TenderLoin (lean)
(marinated 1/3 c balsamic vinegar, 2 tsp ground oregano, 2 tsp
garlic powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper)
70 cal 2 roma tomatoes seasoned with tenderloin marinade
25 cal 1/2 c strawberry slushy

Grand Total: 497 calories

I would rate today a 9.  I had a few temptations, but nothing too bad.  I woke up early and got in a little work out!  I felt GREAT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment