Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 1 - load day

Okay, this HCG diet is flippin' nuts. Basically today, I ate whatever I wanted and a LOT of it! I had 3 donuts, cheese sticks, salami, beef jerky, buttery rolls, crispy chicken with fattening dressing...and the list goes on! I am sure I gained 5 pounds today. This diet better work, because if it doesn't I am going to be fatter than ever.

I got up this morning, and went to mix my injection. This morning I gave myself the injection in the butt. It didn't hurt, but man these needles are WAY too big. They are 21 guage...I was expecting more like a 29 size. And they are 1 1/2 inches long, and I was thinking more like a 1/2 inch. YIKES! But, at any rate, it didn't hurt.

The point of the "loading" days, is to load up on fat so that when you start the VLCD (very low calorie diet) you won't feel as though you are starving as the HCG pushes its way through your system. The more research I did on this diet, the more I found that this is the one place people didn't do right, and they paid for it. I mean, I have to admit, I thought it was NUTS to pig out for two days when you are in the mode to "diet". I know darn well that I will weigh more on Monday morning when this is all over with. But I found that people felt REALLY hungry if they didn't load properly, and also, the weight didn't seem to come off very fast.

With this diet, you are supposed to expect a loss of 1-2 pounds per day. Elaine, my dietician, says that more realistically, I should expect a loss of 1/2 pound-1 pound per day. Fine with me. Ideally, I would like to lose 19 pounds (well, probably after this weekend, 25 pounds!). I want to be at 135 by summer. My starting weight for this diet is 154, weighed in this morning. I took before pictures, and I plan on taking photos every Monday, but I don't have enough guts to post ANY photos until my third week. So, I plan to show "progression" photos on February 8th.

1 comment: